How Central Station Monitoring Works:
1. A detection device such as a magnetic door/window contact, motion detector, glass break detector or smoke/heat detector is violated and activates the alarm.
2. The security system seizes the phone line and dials C.O.P.S. Monitoring.
3. The computer network at C.O.P.S. Monitoring Central Station identifies the system and routes the alarm to a C.O.P.S. dispatcher. The dispatcher's computer displays your home location and phone number, the alarm zone that has been violated, phone numbers of local authorities, any special instructions and the phone numbers of others to contact.
4. Our dispatcher will call your home, ask if you need emergency assistance, and then ask for pass code. If there is no answer or if an incorrect pass code is provided, we will dispatch the local authorities.
5. The dispatcher calls your pre-arranged responding party list.
. The dispatcher then reports the results of:
- a. Calling your home or business.
- b. Calling your "responsible parties to notify" list.
- c. Notifying your alarm installation company.
7. The C.O.P.S. computer maintains a record of all alarm report activities.